Why should you do an Asbestos Survey?
- Protect your property and inhabitants from asbestos
- Comply with asbestos regulation
- Understand the risks if your building has asbestos
- A benchmark to plan and manage asbestos
Free Site Visit & Survey/Management Quote
Asbestos Surveys / Management Plans
Our expert team of BOHS Qualified Asbestos Surveyors (British Occupational Hygiene Society) can prepare the correct comprehensive report and analysis on how to manage and protect your asset and your tenants.
A management plan of your commercial building is now a requirement by law. The best way to start your management plan is with a tailored Asbestos survey of your building.
HazMat can provide a complete Asbestos survey of your building which is then relied upon when writing your Management Plan.
Under the HSWA (Health and Safety at Work (Asbestos) Regulations 2016), Persons Controlling Businesses or Undertakings (PCBUs) are required to have in place an asbestos management plan.
This plan identifies how asbestos containing materials (ACM) will be managed to ensure that anyone who accesses their property stays safe.
What is required for Business Owners by law?
The PCBU (Person Conducting Business or Undertaking), based on HSWA (Health and Safety at Work (Asbestos) Regulations 2016) must make sure that any ACM (asbestos containing materials) at the workplace is considered and taken into account prior to any work being undertaken.
A PCBU who does not follow HSWA regulations, could be liable with significant fines – up to $50,000 – and/or conviction.
As of April 2018 it became mandatory for a PCBU to ensure there is an:
- Have an Asbestos Register for the workplace.
- Have an Asbestos Management Plan (to locate the extent and assess the condition of, as far as is practicable, any suspected asbestos containing material (ACM) in a building).
- Provide access to the Asbestos Register to other parties coming on site.
Contact Steve Elden-Gray email@example.com to find out more.